How are your 2013 resolutions going so far? Nothing breaks my heart more than hearing people already giving up on their goals and dreams for the new year - especially when it is still January!! Let's face it making real, lasting change is hard. But not impossible! On January 1 I sent out an article on New Year, New Beginnings with an exercise to help get the year kick-started. Please check it out. If you are having trouble doing this exercise, I want you to do a Resolution Break-through call with me!
Preparing for 2013
Looking forward as you prepare for the year ahead, envision what you want for yourself in 2013 and beyond. Create intentions for important aspects of your life which might include...
- The physical ... movement, exercise, rest, nutrition, environment
- The personal ... self-development (personally and professionally), relationships, communication
- The spiritual ... self-awareness, spirituality, mind & body connection, mindfulness and purpose
Once you have envisioned directions, take a mindful approach to planning by...
- Determining your top 3 goals (being very specific).
- Identifying critical choices you can make, especially those that involve saying "no" to yourself or others to achieve desired behaviors or goals.
- Scoping out challenges or barriers that you will need to overcome with a special focus on those that may be self-inflicted.
- Determine what support you may need from others.
- Envision success by answering the question "What will success look like and how will I feel this time next year if I achieve my goals?".